In light of COVID-19, AIA Cincinnati chapter events will be held virtually through June 2021, unless stated otherwise.
Roundtable Discussion: Architects and our Communities
March 11, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
*Zoom* Roundtable Discussion: Architects and our Communities
In addition to designing buildings that protect the health, safety, and welfare of their occupants, architects play an important role in their communities, serving on commissions, boards, and neighborhood associations.
What are these community and municipal organizations? What do they do? Why is it important for the voice of architects to be represented? How can architects get involved?
During this informal conversation, you will hear from local citizen architects, and an organization that works with architects, on the value architects bring to the communities where they live and work. Questions from participants are encouraged.
Register before 3pm on March 10 to receive Zoom info.
Panelists & Moderator
Michael R. Mauch, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, RWA Architects, Inc.
- Business Leaders Alliance
- Cincinnati Nature Center
- Hyde Park Business Association
- Hyde Park Community Council Zoning Committee
John Patrick Rademacher, AIA, NCARB, Elevar Design Group Dayton
- President, Ohio Architects Board
- Director, NCARB Board of Directors
- Member, Miami Township Zoning Commission
John Senhauser, FAIA, John Senhauser Architects
- City of Cincinnati Historic Conservation Board
- City of Cincinnati Urban Design Review Board
- University of Cincinnati and University of Pittsburgh Design Review Committees
- Uptown Corridor Design Review Committee
Mike Wagner, President of Cincinnati Neighborhood Business Districts United (CNBDU)
- Works with architects on the CNBDU board and community projects