2017 CRANawards Call for Entries
NOTE: Please read the section below called “How to Enter” for complete instructions!
Or Login Here
The AIA Cincinnati Custom Residential Architects Network (CRAN) is pleased to announce the Call for Entries for the 2017 Cincinnati CRANawards.
The CRANawards is the annual design awards program of the AIA Cincinnati’s CRAN chapter. The purpose of the awards program is to celebrate the best professional residential design in the Cincinnati region. Winners of CRANawards represent the highest level of architectural design for the most intimate of architectural spaces.
2017 Presenting Sponsor
- Projects must be completed by a registered architect.
- Entries are open to both AIA and non-AIA members.
- The submitting firm must have a local office in the Cincinnati region.
- Projects must be completed after January 1, 2007.
- Projects may not be previous Cincinnati CORAward or CRANaward winners, but may be previous non-winning submissions.
- If the submitting architect is not the sole author of the submitted work, all substantial participants must be given credit.
2017 CRANaward Categories
CRANawards committee has simplified the categories for this year’s program. The revised categories will be as follows:
- New Custom Home
New client-driven residence.
- New Market Home
New market-driven residence.
- Architectural Addition
Residential addition to an existing structure.
- Architectural Interior
An interior space within a multi-family or single family residence.
- Multiple Unit Housing
Multiple attached housing units and mixed-use residential projects
- Architectural Detail
A custom designed element, ornament, application, fixture or furnishing associate with residential design
- Exterior Environment
Exterior feature associated with residential projects (patio, pergola, outdoor kitchen, pool structure, landscape design)
Judging Process and Awards
The 2017 CRANawards Jury Chair is Jeremiah Eck, FAIA of Eck MacNeely Architects in Boston, MA.
Jeremiah Eck, FAIA, is a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects, author of House in the Landscape, Face of Home, and The Distinctive Home, and a landscape painter. He is a former lecturer at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design where he continues to offer professional development seminars. In addition, he serves on numerous public service committees. In 2007 Jeremiah was elected to the New England Hall of Fame and in 2012 made an exhibiting member of the Providence Art Club, the second oldest art club in the United States.
The Jury, selected by Mr. Eck, includes Kyle Hoepner, Editor of New England Home Magazine, Mark Hutker, FAIA, Principal and Founder of Hutker Architects, and John B. Tittmann, AIA, Principal of Albert, Righter, & Tittmann Architects.
To increase the value and competitiveness of the awards, the 2017 CRANawards will be limited to seven total design awards.
- 1 Best in Show
- 3 Honor Awards
- 3 Merit Awards
Projects may win regardless of category. The Jury reserves the right to adjust the number of awards based upon the merit of the projects submitted.
October 19, 2017
5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Corbett Tower, Cincinnati Music Hall
Catering by Funky’s Catering
About Corbett Tower Restoration
Part of the $135M renovation of Cincinnati Music Hall, Corbett Tower has been completely restored to the character of its original 1870s design. The 30 foot tall plaster ceiling features meticulously recreated hand stenciling, previously covered windows have been restored, and modern AV technology has been seamlessly integrated to make this a truly unique space. The 2017 CRANawards will be one of the first events to take place in the new, remarkable architectural space.
Banquet Fee $60 / person. Check back here soon to find registration link button to sign up for banquet seats.
How to Enter
If you have trouble registering after following the below instructions, please contact: email@example.com.
- Click red button to Register (or Log In below if you’ve already registered).
- Once you can log in, click the new red button called “Purchase New CRAN Entry” and pay for your entries.
- Once you have purchased entries, you can click the black “Manage Your CRAN Entries” button to edit them.
- Don’t forget to change the title to the name of your project entry!
- This online submission system is exactly like the Cincinnati Design Awards system. You will need to prepare 15 JPEG images (max. 2000 pixels in longest dimension) to upload separate from the banquet PowerPoint file.
- You can download the PowerPoint template here to prepare it before beginning your entry:
Deadline for Submissions
September 15, 2017
- AIA Member = $100/ per entry
- Non-AIA Member = $200/ per entry
For general questions, please contact:
Andreas Lange, CRANawards Chair
Pat Daugherty, Hon. AIA, SDA/C
Executive Director, AIA Cincinnati
For help with online registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org