2020 Election Resources
County BOE websites for the AIA Cincinnati area are: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Fayette, Hamilton, Highland, Warren
AIA Policy Platform
AIA Voter Registration Center
AIA Presidential Candidate Positions
AIA Architects Action Center
Hamilton County Commission Election
AIA Cincinnati reached out to all five candidates to request their responses to the following questions:
- Infrastructure and development investments generate significant revenue for the County, for example the Banks and Smale Park are estimated to attract $1.7 billion in revenue to the county each year. How has the COVID pandemic affected the Hamilton County budget and how will budget changes impact infrastructure programs and future development plans?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, average hourly wages in our region are 4% below the national average. Regional employment is concentrated in six occupational groups and falls significantly below national representation in eleven employment groups, including construction. What are your plans to encourage job growth in industries that can bring higher wages, diverse occupations, and help create new housing and development?
- Recently, a large private project in Hamilton County had to bring in masons from out of state due to a lack of available workers here. What are your plans to address the shortage of labor in skilled trades essential to future development and growth?
- According to the SBA, small businesses in Ohio employ 2.2 million people, or 46% of the state’s workforce, and produce a GDP of more than $656 billion. What are your plans to help small businesses in Hamilton County recover from COVID19, grow, and thrive?
- Hamilton County faces an affordable housing crisis with a shortage of 40,000 units. What is your position on zoning changes and development incentives to encourage more housing construction, especially multi-family housing?
Their responses are linked below. AIA Cincinnati is not endorsing any candidates, we are providing these resources to inform our membership and the A/E/C and design communities.
Candidates for Seat 1
Coffee with the Candidate – October 23
Coffee with the Candidate – October 14
Candidates for Seat 2
Coffee with the Candidate – October 15