7:30 – 7:55 am: Breakfast and registration
8:00 – 10:00 am: Program
$15 AIA Members, includes breakfast
$40 Non-AIA members, includes breakfast
*please bring your own mug for coffee/tea*
Lessons Learned in 10 Years of Zero Energy Design Course
This course focuses on the lessons learned in ten years of zero energy design illustrated through case studies from various projects. The evolution of building systems and their effect on the path to zero energy reveal best practices for Zero Energy building design and operations, valuable information the attendees can apply to their future projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design issues affecting Zero Energy buildings
- Discuss the impact that human behavior has on Zero Energy design
- Define a model for cost effective Zero Energy building design
- Apply best practices to Zero Energy building design and operations
WELL Buildings – How to improve health & well-being through the built environment
This course introduces the WELL Building Institute (IWBI), the WELL Building Standard (WELL) and explores the aspects of designing spaces that enhance occupant health and quality of life. We will discuss WELL Building Certification and what is required for a project to become registered. Course content delves into how WELL and LEED programs collaborate.
- Define a WELL Building as recognized by the WELL Building Institute
- Identify and apply the WELL Building Standards to projects
- Apply the steps from Project Registration to Certification
- Assess the owner’s commitment in WELL Building Certification
CMTA is a multi-services corporation founded in 1968 as a consulting engineering firm. CMTA expanded in 2012 to integrate our expertise in energy efficient engineering and Design-Build construction to offer Performance Contracting services through our Energy Solutions division.
Since CMTA’s inception, we have been recognized as a national leader for delivering high performance, sustainable projects. We are committed to collaborative partnerships with our clients. Through these collaborations we have helped partners and collaborators exceed their expectations and meet the needs of future generations.