3 AIA HSW LU
Majed Dabdoub, P.E.
Start: 7:30 am
Finished by 10:30
$75 AIA Member
The IBC is an essential tool used to provide public safety, health and welfare. Designing with new materials and complex client programs can push the boundaries of a straight forward code summary. The Academy recently partnered with the Executive Education Program at NKU, to offer a year long series of seminars that focus on in depth, detailed exploration of the International Building Code (IBC).
The first seminar on March 22 will cover Chapters 3, 5 and 6 (Use Group, Height and Area, Type of Construction) of the 2015 IBC and the applications in Ohio (2015 IBC/2017 OBC) and Kentucky (2012 IBC). Taught by Majed Dabdoub, P.E., (former CBO with City of Cincinnati Plans Examination) he will cover the following objectives:
- Understand the requirements of the IBC
- Applying the requirements to any project type
- Evaluate the most economical approach for any project type
- Solve challenges related to both existing and new buildings
- Come away with the ability to share the knowledge covered in the seminar by teaching others