In light of COVID-19, all AIA Cincinnati chapter events in 2020 will be held virtually.
Sink Selection for Sustainability and Accessibility
September 30, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 AIA LU, 1 LEED CEU, 0.1 IDCEC CEU, 0.1 or 1 PDH ASPE CEU
12pm – 1pm
Leigh Nicholson, IIDA, BBN Sales for Sloan Valve
Free for AIA members, affiliate members & non-members
$25 for non-members seeking certificate
*Zoom* Sink Selection for Sustainability and Accessibility
This course reviews restroom design trends for commercial buildings by focusing on sink/lavatory system technology and the sustainability and accessibility trends surrounding them. The program will discuss the expanding role architects and designers play in accessible designs – striking a balance between hand washing needs and design flexibility. The program compares a variety of sink/lavatory systems and corresponding components. It discusses how each component can enhance the sustainability of hand washing functions while still providing style within a space. By narrowing the scope to restroom lavatory design, attention will be given to examine the appropriate ADA design criteria.
Register before 5pm on September 29 to receive Zoom info.
- Understand Architects and Designers role in sustainable and accessible designs.
- Review the various standard and sustainable sink/lavatory materials, style options and potential LEED credits.
- Review Sink/Lavatory Component options and how they improve a building’s sustainability efforts.
- Evaluate and review ADA criteria to consider when planning for commercial bathrooms sinks/lavatories.
- Specifications review – how to specify an integrated solid surface sink system.