Beginning July 1, 2021, some AIA Cincinnati programs are returning to in-person. Participants at these programs will be required to wear a mask OR provide proof of vaccination in order to attend. Please see the program description for the specific requirements of each event.
Sink Selection for Sustainability and Accessibility
June 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 AIA LU, 1 LEED CEU, 0.1 IDCEC CEU, 0.1 or 1 PDH ASPE CEU
12pm – 1pm
Leigh Nicholson, IIDA, BBN Sales for Sloan Valve
$5 for AIA members
$15 for Non-Members
*Zoom* Sink Selection for Sustainability and Accessibility
This course reviews restroom design trends for commercial buildings by focusing on sink/lavatory system technology and the sustainability and accessibility trends surrounding them. The program will discuss the expanding role architects and designers play in accessible designs – striking a balance between hand washing needs and design flexibility. The program compares a variety of sink/lavatory systems and corresponding components. It discusses how each component can enhance the sustainability of hand washing functions while still providing style within a space. By narrowing the scope to restroom lavatory design, attention will be given to examine the appropriate ADA design criteria.
Register before 12pm on June 23 to receive Zoom info.
- Understand Architects and Designers role in sustainable and accessible designs.
- Review the various standard and sustainable sink/lavatory materials, style options and potential LEED credits.
- Review Sink/Lavatory Component options and how they improve a building’s sustainability efforts.
- Evaluate and review ADA criteria to consider when planning for commercial bathrooms sinks/lavatories.
- Specifications review – how to specify an integrated solid surface sink system.