Understanding Hardwood Doesn’t Have to be Hard, with Mansion Hill Floors
Join us for a hands-on / interactive demonstration of hardwood flooring for proper selection, installation and finishing.
Note: on-street parking is free and okay. We are instructed that it is okay to ignore the parking permit signs. Mansion Hill will alert Newport police prior to the meeting regarding extra cars there for a few hours.
- Review/discuss selection of hardwood flooring, including issues of
- Engineered vs. traditional wood
- Wood species
- Wood grain orientation
- Proper board sizing
- Finish texture options
- Discuss and demonstrate with “hands on” mock-up for proper hardwood flooring installation
- Demonstrate proper fastener installation and spacing
- Review face nailing vs. blind nailing
- Discuss alternate installation options.
- Float flooring
- Review and show with hands-on demonstration of stain finish. Discuss pros and cons of water-based vs. oil-based finishes including VOCs, health, and durability issues.
About Mansion Hill Custom Floors
At Mansion Hill Custom Floors, we are a premier, Bona and NWFA certified hardwood flooring and wall treatment company located in the historic Mansion Hill district of Newport, Kentucky. Our primary focus as a company is quality partnered with unique design to create something truly special. We primarily work with Architects, Interior Designers, Builders and Remodelers to help create something one-of-a-kind for their clients. We specialize in wood flooring selection, installation, restoration and sanding/refinishing of existing floors. With over 50 years of experience combined, co-owners Jeff Rose and Bill Walz have a wealth of knowledge and experience and are your trusted experts in the wood flooring industry.