In light of COVID-19, AIA Cincinnati chapter events will be held virtually through June 2021, unless stated otherwise.
May 19, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 LU/HSW (TSF012)
GBCI Credits: 1.0 CE hour (0920012508)
IDCEC Credits: 0.1 CEU/HSW (CEU-110883)
12pm – 1pm
$5 AIA members
*Zoom* Biophilic Illusions with Sky Factory
In this course, we explore our instinctive attraction and connection to nature, identified as Biophilia. We explore the ways that our lives are dependently and beneficially intertwined with nature. We review the research documenting the positive outcomes of natural environments on human health.
We explore the 14 patterns of Biophilic Design and how integrating nature’s attributes into architecture enlivens biophilic engagement. We examine optical illusions, bisensory illusions of nature, and research on sky illusions in relation to architectural design. Finally, we explore the framework, mechanics, and outcomes for health of generating Cognitive Biophilia.
Advance registration required before noon on May 18, 2021.
- Define the Biophilia Hypothesis, as well as discuss its bio-evolutionary origins.
- Summarize the benefits that natural environments, daylight, and panoramic views to nature can have on human performance and wellness.
- Discuss the purpose and the main tenets of Biophilic Design, as well as its predominant patterns and features.
- Explain how optical illusions can alter our perception of enclosed interiors and discuss the history and application of illusions in architectural design.
- Explain the cognitive principles involved in illusory perception and the associated benefits to human health and productivity.