Beginning July 1, 2021, some AIA Cincinnati programs are returning to in-person. Participants at these programs will be required to wear a mask OR provide proof of vaccination in order to attend. Please see the program description for the specific requirements of each event.
The Benefits of Negotiated Bid Project Delivery
June 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 10:00 am
8 am – 10 am
$10 – AIA Member
$25 – Non-Member
*Zoom* Academy: The Benefits of Negotiated Bid Project Delivery
This program is designed to help architects discuss the many benefits of implementing a “negotiated bid” project delivery with their clients. A moderated panel discussion composed of an A/E, a contractor, and an owner who will give real-world testimony for the “good, bad and ugly” of implementing this approach.
As opposed to traditional “design-bid-build” project delivery, a “negotiated bid” approach assembles the owner-designer-builder team day one of a project. This promotes early buy-in/commitment from all members of the Project Team and results in:
- More genuine collaboration
- Streamlined pre-construction process
- Early confirmation of budget, quality & schedule expectations
- Greatly reduces risk for all project stakeholders
A “negotiated bid” approach can be compatible with nearly all other traditional project delivery methods, including: design-bid-build, design-build, CM-R, etc. Regardless of the contractual relationships between the various members of the Project Team, the key element is that the team members are brought on board from day one. This is usually best accomplished by first inviting a limited number of potential A/E firms and contractors to undergo a brief RFQ evaluation process, by which the owner selects the team based upon both objective (i.e. “qualifications”) and subjective (i.e. “fit”) requirements.
Register by 3pm on June 22 to attend.
At the end of this program, participants will:
- Be able to present to prospective Clients the budget, schedule and quality advantages inherent within a negotiated bid approach.
- Understand how negotiated bid project delivery serves to reduce risk for all members of the Project Team, including Owner, Designer and Builder.
- Understand how a negotiated bid strategy is compatible with any other “traditional” project delivery method, including Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, CM at Risk, etc.
- Be able to develop internal processes and procedures for streamlining their own firm’s project delivery method.