In light of COVID-19, all AIA Cincinnati chapter events in 2020 will be held virtually.
*Zoom* Advocacy Working Group
August 6, 2020 @ 8:00 am – 9:00 am
8am – 9am
AIA Cincinnati Advocacy Working Group
An important part of AIA Cincinnati’s work is to promote the profession of architecture, advocate for issues that affect the business of architecture and the built environment, and ensure the voice of architects is represented at every level in the communities we serve (Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Fayette, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren counties in Ohio.)
If you’re interested in how local elections and policies impact the field of architecture, sign up for our first Advocacy Working Group as we recap any relevant info from AIA’s Architects in Action programs and strategize about how to tackle upcoming elections and other efforts to positively impact our communities.
Register before noon on August 5 to receive Zoom meeting info.
Some ideas for discussion:
- Getting position statements from candidates (mayor, council, county commission etc) about issues related to the business and practice of architecture to share with our members.
- Organizing a virtual candidate forum to give our members an opportunity to interact with candidates in local elections.
- Provide our members with information on ballot issues (i.e. transit) that impact the business and practice of architecture.
- Share information with our members on proposed policy changes (e.g. zoning code or historic district guidelines).
- Keep tabs on issues being considered by local government that will impact architects (affordable housing, construction incentives, etc.)
This is a first conversation that we hope will generate some action items and assignments as we develop our advocacy activities.