In light of COVID-19, AIA Cincinnati chapter events will be held virtually through June 2021, unless stated otherwise.
2021 Code Academy: Chapter 17
September 8, 2021 @ 7:30 am – 10:30 am
*Zoom* Code Academy: Chapter 17
The IBC is an essential tool used to provide public safety, health and welfare. Designing with new materials and complex client programs can push the boundaries of a straight-forward code summary. The seventh and final session will explain the requirements related to special inspections in the Building Code. Chapter 17 addresses provisions of the code that governs the quality, workmanship, and requirements for materials. Chapter 17 of the IBC/OBC deals with the requirements of when and how special inspection is done. The Design professional who prepares the construction documents needs to understand and explain the requirements to the owner and be able to engage the special inspectors on a project.
Register before 3pm on September 7 to attend.
- To understand when a special inspection is required
- To determine the scope of the special inspection
- To be able to review and make the appropriate decisions related to the findings of special inspection
- To be able to work with all parties to resolve any conflicts related to design, construction and inspection
- This course will help the Design Professionals understand and apply the requirements of chapter 17 of the IBC/OBC
Majed A. Dabdoub, P.E. studied Civil Engineering at Ohio University before earning an M.S. in Structural Engineering from the University of Cincinnati. He served as a building plans examiner for the City of Cincinnati from 1987 through 2014 when he left to start his own firm which offers code consulting, training, and structural engineering services.