In light of COVID-19, AIA Cincinnati chapter events will be held virtually through June 2021, unless stated otherwise.
2021 Code Academy: Chapter 11 Accessibility
June 9, 2021 @ 7:30 am – 10:30 am
Start: 7:30 am
Finished by: 10:30 am
$35 – AIA Member
$75 – Non-Member
*Zoom* Code Academy: Chapter 11 Accessibility
The IBC is an essential tool used to provide public safety, health and welfare. Designing with new materials and complex client programs can push the boundaries of a straight-forward code summary. The sixth seminar will cover the requirements related to accessibility in Chapter 11 of the IBC/OBC. It is important that design professionals understand that the primary and fundamental relationship of ICC a117.1 to the Code. This course will cover the accessibility features and the requirements.
Register by 3pm on June 8 to attend.
- Understand the concept of the accessibility related to the built environment
- Able to define the scoping requirements of the accessibility code
- Able to discuss accessibility related to route, entrances, and parking
- Able to discuss the applications of accessibility requirements to certain buildings
- Participants will understand the definitions, requirements, and applications of chapter 11
Majed A. Dabdoub, P.E. studied Civil Engineering at Ohio University before earning an M.S. in Structural Engineering from the University of Cincinnati. He served as a building plans examiner for the City of Cincinnati from 1987 through 2014 when he left to start his own firm which offers code consulting, training, and structural engineering services.